A technician passed away on the sets of Anushka Sharma’s Pari in West Bengal. The man reportedly came in contact with a live wire on the sets in South 24 Parganas district, The Hindu report said. The incident took place on Tuesday at the shooting location at Korolberia under Leather Complex police station limits, a senior police officer said.
Identified as Shah Alam (28), the man probably came in contact with the live wire once the shooting was over, the police said. The live wire was in a bamboo bush which had been illuminated with lights for a shot in the film.
“We are looking into the matter. The body has been sent for post-mortem and we are waiting for the report. Primarily, it seems that the person died of electrocution,” the police officer said.
Shah, was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, he added. The shooting of the film at that location has been temporarily stopped.