The Kerala High Court rejected Dileep’s plea seeking a CBI investigation into the case pertaining to the abduction and assault of an actress. The actor, who is the 8th accused in the case, in his plea had claimed that he was being framed in the case by the Kerala police.
According to an HT report, Dileep had moved the court six months ago saying there was no real evidence to connect him with the case. Despite this, he was being implicated on the basis of the statement of a notorious criminal. He said that the police officers investigating the case were going about in a pre-planned manner.
Rejecting his plea, Justice Sunil Thomas said that the accused could not demand which agency should investigate his case. The court said that the probe was going in the right direction and also accepted the government’s argument that the plea was a ploy by the accused to stall the case proceedings. The case is now pending before the Ernakulam Sessions Court.
The attack on the actress occurred in February 2017. She was molested and the same caught on camera. She was then blackmailed and told that the video would be circulated if she approached the police.
She approached the police the same day and after five months, Dileep was arrested for hiring the gang to settle personal scores. He was granted bail after spending close to 85 days in jail.
Dileep in another petition had approached the Supreme seeking a copy of the visuals of the attack. He had argued that the visuals had been doctored. The state government had opposed this plea saying the video could be leaked leading to an embarrassment of the victim.
The Supreme Court is set to hear the petition on January 23.