The Kerala HC has once again denied the bail plea of actor Dileep. This is the third time since Dileep’s arrest on July 10 in the case of abduction and assault of a Malayalam actress that his bail plea has been denied. The actor’s last plea, submitted on July 24, was rejected on the grounds that a cell phone and memory card, believed to be key evidence in the case had not been found by the police yet.
In his recent plea, Dileep’s counsel had mentioned that the scenario has changed as the evidence has been found. Moreover, the actor said that he was not involved in any way with the kidnapping and assault of the actress. He also said that he had not met or interacted with the prime accused in the case, Pulsar Suni, ever.
The Special Investigation Team reportedly argued against Dileep’s plea and said that releasing him at this stage could hamper the probe. According to a source, the team said that Dileep had a lot of connections in the police department, and in ministerial levels, and that if he is allowed to go out on bail, he would do something to make sure that the investigation does not happen.
They also presented a sealed envelope with evidence suggesting the involvement of Dileep in the abduction case. They believe that this plan was hatched as early as 2013, and executed earlier this year.
Dileep has been lodged at the Aluva sub-jail since July 10.
Pic: Malayalam Manorama Online