Tamil News

Bobby Simha Will Seek A Stay On The Release Of Meera Jakkirathai

RedditGoogle+Whatsapp

Last Sunday, actor Bobby Simha filed a complaint at the Nadigar Sangam against the makers of the film Meera Jakkirathai, alleging that they were using his name to promote a film he wasn’t involved with. In his complaint, he stated that he was not associated with the film, and nor has he shot or dubbed for the film. Yet, stills from his film Urumeen were used in the promotional material.

Cigan5VU4AAFl92

However K Mageshwaran, the co-director of the film, subsequently issued a clarification, stating that Bobby Simha had shot 18 scenes for the film 4 years ago, when he was a relatively unknown actor. The film ran into trouble when Sathish, the then director and Simha’s friend, had an altercation with the producer RG Kesavan and his son, Mageshwaran.

Talking to the Times Of India, Bobby Simha said that after watching the film’s trailer, he realised that he had shot for the film several years ago. He said that during the film’s shooting in Thiruchengode, the producer had ill-treated the crew and former director Sathish. According to Simha, Mageshwaran had said that Sathish would not be credited as the director. Police complaints had been filed against the producer, and Simha had disassociated himself from the film.

“As for as I’m concerned, this was an incomplete film when I was part of it and the makers are being unethical by stealing someone else’s credit. I said this to them when they spoke to me on Sunday night. Now, they are trying to ride on my name and get the film released on May 27. So, in addition to filing a complaint with the Nadigar Sangam, I’m planning to approach the [Madras High] Court to get a stay on the film’s release,” he added.

© Copyright 2013 - 2016, Silverscreen Media Solutions Inc.